TOO COOL FOR FORMALWEAR

8:00 AM


sweater: theory jeans: stella mccartney jacket: vintage shoes: zara

Who else packs a suitcase full of clothes then proceeds to buy all new outfits when on vacation? That's precisely what happened here. I actually brought two suitcases of clothes back to Chicago and in the end I wore something I bought that day from Nordstrom rack. These pants are my everything and I can't believe they weren't scooped up instantly. I paired them with a short sleeve sweater, which are strangely elusive. I love a nice summer sweater and this one from Theory was heavily discounted at the rack because it was altered. How it was altered I will never know, but I'm glad I got to take advantage of that sweet deal. The jacket is another story. I finally got around to hitting up a vintage spot in Noble Square that I have been stalking for months. It stocks vintage streetwear brands like Karl Kani, Cross Colors, and even some old Supreme. It only further proved for me that even though streetwear has that it factor right now, it has and always will be there whether or not that fashion flock has decided to incorporate it into their seasonal wardrobe. This jacket in particular is vintage Calvin Klein, another brand that infamously eternal. And what such special occasion brought together this cast of characters? It was my sister's bridal shower, where I deemed myself too cool to wear anything other than jeans. Hence this uptown meets downtown look was born. I mean it's 2017 guys. A girl can wear jeans and vintage Calvin Klein to a formal event without raising any eyebrows. More to come!








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.