JOUTFIT

7:00 AM

top: nasty gal jeans: madewell shoes: asos


Joutfit, or the Canadian tuxedo, is one of those looks that feels so wrong that it's right. I love denim and I'm happy it's had a resurgence over the past couple of years. I can recall a time when I refused to wear it, and now I don't want to wear anything but. This top from Nasty Gal is one of the few things I own from the retailer because I don't understand online only stores that charge shipping. I got this piece from the actual brick and mortar store when I was in LA. Not to brag, not to brag. It's my new favorite denim shirt because it has a bunch of rips. I can almost hear my mother in the background chastising me for paying for rips, but I've spent money on much dumber things in the name of fashion (overalls 3 sizes up because I thought it would make them more flattering). These shoes are also one of like two pairs of heels I own. I have come to peace with the fact that I will never be a heels girl. I walk too slow in them, and now that sneakers are cool I'm going to hang on to that trend until it dies. The little pom-poms feel very Carrie Bradshaw to me, even though I'm much more of a Miranda (cynical, workaholic, feminist). And on that note, I will leave you to dwell on my all denim outfit, in which I unknowingly let a little Carrie slip in. More to come!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Greate article. Keep posting such kind of info on your site. Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have performed a great job. I will definitely digg it and in my view recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. www.gmail.com login

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.