UNDERDRESSING

7:00 AM

coat & shoes: zara dress: asos beanie: groceries 

I think I enjoy underdressing more than overdressing. I take most of my fashion queues from Kanye West and if he can announce is candidacy for president of these United States in sweats and sneakers, then I darn well don't have to wear sequins on New Year's Eve. New Year's Eve always seems like a good idea in theory, but it never lives up to your expectations. Maybe half of that has to do with the fact that I'm in Chicago every year, where I'm lucky if I get to wear a dress and tights. That's reason number one why I decided on a mohair maxi sweater dress from Asos. It was warm and covered my body like a potato sack. I also feel like while I wear a lot of black and white, I neglect almost all other neutrals. I even went out of my way to find brown shows that way I can star wearing more chocolates, beiges, and even navy. The shoes and jacket were both purchased during that Zara sale that comes twice a year and feels like it lasts for months. Neither of these items were all that great of a deal, but I will take any sort of discount I can with Zara.  The hat is an old sample that I've grown to love. Who would've thought I would have latched so hard onto a white beanie. In case it's hard to read subtext, that last sentence was sarcastic because at this point I should change my name to Julie Beanie. More to come!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.