I FEEL FLY

7:00 AM


shirt: kenzo jacket: zara jeans: reformation shoes: gap


Whenever I look at pictures of myself in these jeans I really regret obsessing over them so much. They are in no way flattering. In fact, they actually look like I just grabbed a pair of men's jeans and dealt with it rather than return them. They've even started ripping on the knee, that's how often I wear them. Again, we go back to the theme of drowning in my own clothes, which is what we have here apart from my t-shirt, which feels incredibly smalls, probably because it's my size. A score during the Opening Ceremony sale, this is my second Kenzo t-shirt because I am a product of a consumer-driven society and have no self control. I put it with a turtleneck because I can't have my neck exposed - not even for one day. I would like to point out that the aforementioned turtleneck is quite possibly the greatest piece you can buy from J. Crew. The tissue turtlenecks are a pillar of substance in an otherwise wavering chain of stores. They're thin and great for layering. Plus, they're a turtleneck. Done deal before I even realized how magnificent they are. The shoes are from Gap, but feel like they belong in an Acne store. At the end of the day, I can only spend big bucks on one item of clothing and for this outfit it was a t-shirt. Don't ever let anyone tell you couture can't be t-shirts. They've become a new piece of iconography, especially in our digital age where a picture defines your brand and irony reigns supreme in the fashion world. Thank you Riccardo Tisci and Jeremy Scott. More to come!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.