JADEN SMITH-ING IT

7:00 AM


dress: urban outfitters jeans: madewell shoes: adidas coat: zara



Here we see me attempting to be Jaden Smith - pose and all. Not that he's the first or the only person to wear dresses over pants, I just like his adaptation of the trend the best. It gets back to the fashion I feel like I have strayed away from. The fashion that's edgy and abnormal and confuses most people. The fashion Jimmy Kimmel makes fun of during late night, but the fashion that the industry swoons over. It's funny that dresses and denim are commonplace, but pairing them together is as if you reinvented the wheel. I like this combo because it's really warm and if I'm going to wear a cute coat instead of one that looks like a sleeping bag, I need to pile on as many layers as possible. These shoes I nabbed from Adidas and are actually the children's version, but a cheapskate like me jumped at the chance to pay less money for something I already was going to buy. I also donned my bolo tie because don't think I haven't forgotten about that "Kanye Western" vibe I was attempting in a previous post. With his album swiftly approaching, I find it more and more necessary to honor a man who is already calling his album the greatest album of all time. I wish I had an eight of his confidence, even for menial tasks like ordering food. I get so nervous I check the menu before so I don't look like a total noob when I stroll into a new place. It feels like the theme of this post is confidence men, like Jaden Smith who reject the gender binary in the name of fashion, and Kanye West who really doesn't seem to care what anyone else thinks. This has gotten really off track, so many just view my outfit and forget about reading the rest. More to come!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.