DENIM DRAPE

7:00 AM

dress: rag & bone jacket: levi's shoes: adidas


I don't think my mom will ever accept that dresses and sneakers are a thing. She took these photos of me and kept saying how she wasn't sure about these shoes. I like how I look like I have orthopedics on. Plus, I'm wearing a print that your retired grandfather probably owns as well and a denim jacket that your father may sport from time to time. Moral of the story: I in no way feel an urge to dress "lady-like" (whatever that's come to mean). Fun fact, I'm standing outside the Alamo. It's quite the miracle that I managed to keep this dress pressed four days into my family vacation to Texas. On another note, has the one shoulder jacket replaced the draped jacket? I don't think I quite understand how it works, but for someone who owns way too many jackets, I feel encouraged that people are attempting to figure out more than one way to wear them. It also gives me another excuse to consistently wear this denim jacket that to me never seems to get tired. It's worn differently, therefor it's new. This outfit is pretty cut and dry. Dress, jacket, shoes. But whenever it's hot out, I always fall back on this look. It says, "I tried," even though all I did was throw on a dress. Regardless, I'm just glad we've trained ourselves to accept sneakers as acceptable footwear with a dress. More to come!









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.