STATEMENT COAT

6:04 PM

coat: tracey reese jeans: madewell shoes: zara

I've posted an outfit in a statement coat before, right? I thought so. Maybe it's my Chicago roots that forces me to pay such close attention to outerwear. Did you know that your outfit is basically your coat for half of the year in that city? Thus my obsession with coats was born. This one I got for a song at Nordstrom Rack. I'm normally not a huge Tracey Reese fan - she's a little feminine for my gender fluid fashion identity. But this coat was special. It looks Celtic. It looks Sci-Fi. It looks ornate. It even looks like something I picture Michelle Obama wearing. Granted she probably wouldn't be pairing it with distressed jeans and glitter boots, but that is the only thing that separates the two of us. We are exactly the same otherwise. The boots are from Zara and I haven't quite figured out yet who they're stolen from. Maybe Vetements? The retails choice brand to mimic. Regardless, they feel like socks which makes them oh so comfortable. The jeans are from my main squeeze Madewell and everything else in the outfit is kind of unimportant. The main takeaway is the coat. Stay tuned for more statement coats as it has fallen below a comfortable degree. More to come! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.